The SC/ST Cell, a statutory body has been constituted by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India (GOI) in National Institute of Technology Puducherry to safeguard the interests of the SC/ST students and employees of the Institute as per the instructions of MHRD, GOI from time to time.
* It functions to promote higher education among the SC/ST or weaker communities that are suffering
from economic, social and educational deprivations.
* As a Grievances Redressal Cell for the grievances of SC/ST students and renders them necessary help in
solving their academic as well as administrative problems.
* It continuously monitors and evaluates the reservation policies and other programs intended for
SC/STs by the GOI for their effective implementation at NIT Puducherry.
* It suggests the follow-up measures to the administration of the Institute for achieving the objectives
and targets laid down by MHRD, GOI for the empowerment of SC/STs.
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE:
|1||Dr. G. S. Mahapatra||Liaison Officeremail@example.com||04368 – 230110|
|2||Dr. D. Ragupathy||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org||04368 – 230110|
|2||Dr. S. Babu||Memberemail@example.com||04368 – 230110|
* Cell Meeting with SC/ST Students on 04.02.2016.
* SC/ST Cell Email-id: firstname.lastname@example.org